Monday, August 13, 2012

The King and I at Resorts World Manila

King And I
King And I
Just in time for its upcoming Majestic Anniversary on September, Resorts World Manila (RWM) will soon hold its third theater production of Rodgers and Hammerstein’s "The King And I" come September 15!

In line of being known as the primary venue for superb world-class entertainment that is Resorts World Manila, the mega-musical "The King And I" shall be staged at the prime halls of the Newport Performing Arts Theater (NPAT) within RWM’s Newport Mall.
The King and I
"The King and I"

Leo Tavarro Valdez Monique Wilson
Leo Tavarro Valdez, and the beautiful stage great Monique Wilson

I got to see a preview of the production and some scenes and I can truly say this will be majestic! The wardrobe collection alone will sway your emotions. The whole cast and supporting actors were eaually convincing.

From the "Sound Of Music" to "The King And I"

Resorts World Manila aims to take it up a notch by providing theatre patrons a truly superlative production that features a stellar all-Filipino cast led by inimitable theatre legend Leo Tavarro Valdez, and the beautiful stage great Monique Wilson, who plays King Mongkut and Anna respectively.

All these right after setting a record-breaking 128 shows for its sophomore offering The Sound Of Music.

Resorts World Manila
Resorts World Manila

Elephant on stage
Elephant on stage

The King and I Cast
The King and I Cast


Directed by Freddie Santos; Wardrobe by Rajo Laurel

Theater goers will surely be enticed by the fresh take of prolific stage authority Direk Freddie Santos on the beloved classic, as he spices up the immortal tale of Anna and the King of Siam, complementing the dreamy scoring courtesy of the Manila Philharmonic Orchestra, under the baton of Maestro Rodel Colmenar.

Aside from being staged at the grandest and most state-of-the-art theater in the country, The King and I also boasts of promising new sets of production props; lights, sound, and video technologies; and even the most exquisitely designed wardrobe helmed by no less than Philippine fashion icon Rajo Laurel.

The King and I also features Bo Cerrudo and Sheila Valderrama as alternates for King Mongkut and Anna, Gina Respall and Apple Chui as Lady Thiang, Tanya Manalang and Marian Santiago as Tuptim, and Lorenz Martinez and Floyd Tena as Lun Tha, among others.



"The King And I" Brief

The King and I tells the travails of a British schoolteacher and her life in a foreign land, marred by conflict and an unexpressed love for the King. It was sourced from the 1944 novel by Margaret Landon’s chronicle of Anna Leonowens memoirs, as she was chosen to become governess to King Mongkut of Siam’s many children in the early 1860’s.

The tale was further popularized by the 1956 movie headlined by legendary actor Yul Brynner and the beautiful Gertrude Lawrence, stamping it as a definitive hit and winning for Brynner the coveted Academy Award the following year. Later, revivals of the classic musical were also featured in Broadway and the West End.
The King & I at Resorts World Manila
The King & I at Resorts World Manila
Tickets

Catch The King And I and be enchanted once again by this boundless romance that has enamored millions all over the world for decades. Tickets are now on sale at the Resorts World Manila Box Office and all TicketWorld outlets. For more information on The King and I schedules visit www.rwmanila.com or call the Tourist/Visitor Hotline at (632) 836-6333.

The whole family will surely enjoy the "The King And I" at Resorts World Manila as they watch this royal production about kingdoms, politics, and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment